Last update: August 23rd, 10 am
After an unusal spring with the corona pandemic we now look forward to the autumn, which of course, also will be a little different.
Here’s some general library information and a bit about what we’re doing to reduce the spread of covid-19 and to keep us all safe.
The opening hours varies so please take a look at our website before coming to the library. Remember! All libraries are closed during the weekend.
COURSE REFERENCE TEXTBOOKS
From August 10: If you borrow course reference textbooks at the library you can only keep them during the day!
If you return the material too late you will get an overdue fee of 200 SEK/book.
Since spring, we use automatic renewals for your loans. This means, when the loan period ends, your book will be automatically renewed for another loan period at a time, unless another user has requested it.
During the spring we cancelled overdue fees due to the corona pandemic. We now go back to regular routines. You have to return course reference textbooks in time (one-day loan) and renew or return books which can’t be renewed. Overdue books will eventually be billed, and and result in an overdue fee of 200 SEK/book.
The easiest way to check the due date on your books is by logging in to My loans.
REFERENCE DESK IN ZOOM
There are many ways to contact us. The Reference desk in Zoom is our newest access point, open Monday to Friday at 10 am – 12 pm. Welcome to a virtual talk!
PRECAUTIONS TAKEN DUE TO CORONA PANDEMIC:
Linköping university library follows the guidelines from the public health agency and the government on how to handle Covid-19. The library crisis management group monitors the development of the Corona pandemic and is prepared to make changes with regard to the library’s opening hours and operation if/when the situation requires. We have prepared for your visit to be safe and secure and created possibilities to show others consideration. To reduce the risk of infecting others and getting infected you need to, whenever possible, keep a safe distance of 2 meters to all people, with whom you do not share a household.
● Floor marking and signs will help visitors to keep a distance where there may be queues.
● Tables and chairs have been placed with a generous distance both indoors and outdoors.
● Seating capacity has been reduced by 50%.
● Our library desks have been provided with shields of acrylic glass between staff and visitors, as a reminder of keeping a distance.
● Members of staff who develop symptoms stay at home. We ask our visitors to also respect the guidelines and do the same.
● Cleaning of toilets and high touch points has been intensified.
● There is access to soap and water in our toilets.
● Hand sanitizing is provided in various spots in the University Library.
● Only cashless payments are accepted.
Read more about LiU as a whole and the corona virus here.
Continue to keep a distance, wash your hands and stay at home if you develop symptoms!
Written by: Ann Tobin, Maria Svenningsson et al