** denna blogpost finns även på svenska **
This page will be kept updated with the latest information regarding library service availibility during Corona crisis. New info in red.
Latest page update: August 6, 1 pm
Virtual library is open as per usual
* You have access to all library e-resources such as journal articles, databases and e-books. Can’t make it work? Go through our list of databases.
* You can search articles and books as well as manage your loans and reservations as per usual.
* Use proxy for easy access to e-resources! Go to Library Online.
Getting in touch with us (during the summer 8/6-14/8)
* You can reach your library by phone 9-15 Mon-Fri
(CNB 011-36 30 60 / MB 013-28 19 91 / Valla Library 013-28 19 10)
* We reply to emails (email@example.com) as soon as we can Mon-Fri 09.00-15.00
*8 June–14 August: Library online chat and Zoom enquiry desk are closed
Summer loan period
During summer, we have longer loan period for books. Books borrowed from 1 June 2020 will get the due date 17 August (unless there is a reservation on the item, in which case the loan period will be 1 week).
Physical libraries opening hours:
8 June–7 August: Monday–Friday: 12.00–15.00
Regular opening hours from 10 August: Monday – Friday 8.00 – 18.00
Campus Norrköping Library
8 June–7 August: Monday–Friday: 12.00–15.00
10 – 14 August: Monday – Friday 9.00 – 16-00
Regular opening hours from 17 August: Monday – Friday 8.00 – 18.00
8 June –14 August: Monday–Friday: 12.00–15.00
17 – 21 August: Monday – Friday: 9.00 – 16.00
Regular opening hours from 24 August: Monday – Friday 8.00 – 18.00
The following entrances are open to visitors (from April 27):
CNB – Kåkenhus, Bredgatan 33, Norrköping
Vallabiblioteket – Entrances facing Corson, Studenthuset, Campus Valla
MB – Entrance 65, University hospital
Students have access to the buildings weekdays (not Sat – Sun) 7.45 am – 5 pm, using card and code.
* “Bokmagasinet” (floor one) in Valla Library
is closed to visitors until further notice. Books are reserved as usual and will be available for pick up at floor three. Books from Bokmagasinet should be reserved in advance. If you make a reservation before 10 am we’ll do our best to have the book ready for you to pick up when we open 12 o’clock.
…will be open to visitors again from Monday 10 August. Until further notice, the opening hours are: Monday-Friday 12.00-18.00.
* LiU-card will give you access to the the bulidings out of library hours, acording to LiU regulation.
*DigiMaker-Valla and DigiMaker-CNB are still open, but not staffed.
* Are you unable to pick up your reservation during our opening hours? Send us an email or phone us, and we will try to find a working solution. Under certain conditions, you can make an appointment to pick up your reservations outside of opening hours. As a LiU employee, you can contact your library and have us send your book to your office at LiU.
Information regarding your loans and books
* The loan period for reference copies of textbooks (“Day-loan items”) is extended to 3 days.
* Regular loan period for reference copies of textbooks from Monday 10 August (i.e. you have to return a day-loan item the same day you borrow it). Temporary suspension of fines for late return of reference copies ends.
* We are increasing the number of possible renewals, in order to help our users to avoid unnecessary visits to the library. Students can now renew their loans ut to 15 times; LiU-staff can renew their loans up to 25 times -provided that the books are not requested by another borrower.
* Returning loans: If you have access to the building (LiU-card) you can use the usual facilities for returning loans. It is also possible to mail books (in a padded envelope) to: Linköpings universitetsbibliotek, 581 83 Linköping
* At Valla Library, you can now return library items outside Studenthuset’s opening hours. At the south side of the building (facing Key building), there are two grey post boxes where you can drop your library books.
* No fines for late return of library books. From March 17th the library will not charge fines or send new invoices. You are thus not forced to come to the library if your only errand is returning a library book. This is a temporary measure to mitigate the diffusion of the corona virus. Existing fine charges are still valid, but no new fine charges are executed. Special rules apply to inter library loans. It goes without saying that we expect you to return books if you are able.
* From the start of the autumn term, we will return to regular routines regarding fines and invoices. Therefore, make sure to check the due-date on books you have borrowed over the summer and return the ones you no longer need. If you are unsure about the due-date of your books, you can always find out at “My Loans”:
* Automatic renewals. From April 1st, library loans will be renewed automatically. This means that, when possible, a new 21 day loan period will be set automatically when your loan expires. Please note that “Day-loan items”, interlibrary loans and material requested by other borrowers will not be automatically renewed.
When a loan is automatically renewed, you will not receive any message from the library asking you to renew your loan. This is done in order to prevent all unnecessary visits to the library, due to the corona crisis.