The registration for the upcoming Workshop “Scientific writing and publishing with impact” – is now open.
The workshop will be given by Dan Csontos from Elevate Scientific, January 27th and 28th, or February 3th and 4th 8.30-12 each day, on Zoom. This workshop is primarily for postdocs and Junior researchers, but also more experienced scientists are welcome. The number of participants is limited.
Scope and objectives
In this workshop you will learn essential strategies and tools to plan, write, edit and publish scientific papers that make an impact on the intended audience. The workshop is interactive, with discussions and exercises used throughout to help you learn through practice.
At the end of the workshop you will understand:
- The importance of framing and story in scientific writing
- A step-by-step approach to planning and writing scientific stories in general, and scientific papers in
- Techniques for clear, concise and coherent writing
- Journal editorial processes, including those at high-impact journals
- How to communicate with editors and reviewers
Dr. Dan Csontos. Dan is the CEO and Editorial Director of Elevate Scientific. He has 20 years’ experience in academia, science publishing and science communications and was previously an Associate Editor with Nature and Nature Physics, Science Editor and Project Manager for Macmillan Science Communications, as well as a freelance science writer and editor.
Bring an abstract and/or a paper (recently published or draft of one you are working on).
Hope to see you there,