Karl Hammar is running a survey on user preferences with regard to ontology tooling, specifically tooling supporting Ontology Design Patterns. As an incentive to take part, a lottery will be held in a few weeks, at which Amazon gift cards to the amount of 50 USD each (or the equivalent in local currency for local Amazon sites), will be awarded to one out of every ten participants in this survey.
Any SemWeb people who are interested in participating in the survey and the lottery are welcome to do so: just follow the instructions below.
- Surf to http://wp.xd-protege.com, where a customized WebProtégé environment awaits. Register for an account and start a new project.
- Look at the scenario described at https://goo.gl/5cXeUP and the corresponding data sets at http://karlhammar.com/ontologies/2016/10/ISWC2016TutorialData.zip
- In the WebProtégé install mentioned above, under the tab ”Design Patterns”, check out the listed ontology design patterns from the scenario description.
- Try to model a couple of the competency questions from that scenario by way of instantiating ontology design patterns. To do so, find a pattern that you wish to use in the browser, and click the ”Use this pattern” button at the top of the pattern description page, which starts up a pattern instantiation wizard. It should be enough if you run through this wizard once or twice.
- Finally, once you’ve run through the wizard once or twice (which should hopefully take no more than 10-15 minutes), please fill out the survey at https://goo.gl/I1MWT4.